General contracting resources:
- Contract Renegotiations: Making Your Business Case
- Taking Charge: A step by step guide to evaluate and prepare for negotiations with managed care payors
- Contract Amendments: An Action Guide for Physicians
- Know Your Rights: Payor Contract Changes
- Aetna Termination Resource Guide
Health plan contract analyses:
- Anthem Blue Cross Prudent Buyer Contract Analysis
- Blue Shield Contract Analysis
- United Healthcare Contract Analysis
- Health Net Contract Analysis
Contracting with exchange plans:
- CMA’s Got You Covered – A physician’s guide to Covered California, the state’s health benefit exchange
- Sample Termination Letter - Material Modification to Contract
- Sample Letter - Request for Complete Fee Schedule and Detailed Payment Rules
- Sample Letter - Request for Copy of Signed and Executed Contract, Complete Fee Schedule and Detailed Payment Rules
- Keys to Successful Contracting (on-demand)
- California's Health Benefit Exchange: How it Will Impact Your Practice and Change Commercial Insurance (on-demand)
- California's Health Benefit Exchange: The Positives and Perils of Contracting (Sept. 11, 2013)
ON-CALL Health Law Library documents:
- #1705, "CMA Contract Analysis Service"
- #7001, "Disclosure by Managed Care Plans (and their Contracting Medical Groups IPAs)"
- #7050, "All Products Affiliates Clauses"
- #7051, "Contract Termination by Physicians and Continuity of Care Provisions"
- #7052, 'Exclusion or Termination of Physicians Antitrust Challenges'
- #7053, "Contract Termination or Exclusion Action Plan for Physicians"
- #7054, "Contract Termination Exclusion Legal Challenges (Non Antitrust)"
- #7055, "Exclusivity Provisions and Membership Requirements in Contracts, Including Most-Favored-Nation Clauses"
- #7056, "Failure to receive plan referrals"
- #7057, "Managed Care Contractual Protections"