Health Law Library
CMA’s health law library is the most comprehensive health law and medical practice resource for California physicians. CMA’s health law library contains over 4,500 pages of up-to-date information on a variety of subjects of everyday importance to practicing physicians. The health law library includes the content from the California Physician's Legal Handbook, as well as more specialized information on peer review, payor contracting and other topics.
ON-CALL documents are free to CMA members ($2 per page for nonmembers) and are available online in the resource library or by calling CMA’s member help center, (800) 786-4262.
Legal Information Line
CMA’s legal information line provides members with information and resources about laws and regulations that impact the practice of medicine. While CMA staff cannot provide physicians with individual legal advice, our health law information specialists, with the support of CMA legal counsel, will help you find legal information and resources on a multitude of health-law related issues, ranging from OSHA requirements to the retention of medical records. This service is free to CMA members (not available to nonmembers). For assistance, call CMA’s member help center, (800) 786-4262 or e-mail email@example.com.
- California Physician's Legal Handbook
- Closing a Medical Practice
- Contract Analysis Service
- Patient-Physician Arbitration Agreements
- The MICRA Manual
- Red Flags Rule
- Balance Billing Toolkit
- On-Demand Webinar: POLST: The Essentials
- On-Demand Webinar: Medical Foundations, ACOs, and Bundling of Services
- On-Demand Webinar: An Introduction to Just Culture for Physicians
Employment of Allied Health Professionals by Medical Corporations
- HIPAA Resources:
- OMSS Resources:
- Aerosol Transmissible Disease (ATD) Resources: