An invaluable resource unlike any other, the California Physician’s Legal Handbook (CPLH) is the premier California health law publication with more than 5,400 pages of comprehensive legal information, including current laws, regulations and court decisions related to the practice of medicine. It is updated yearly by California Medical Association (CMA) attorneys to include the most recent changes in health law. CPLH not only provides legal information to help physicians, medical office managers, risk management groups and legal practitioners understand and comply with the law, it also helps shape the law by approaching issues from a physician's perspective.
This product includes the eight-volume print version PLUS an online subscription to www.CPLH.org, a website devoted to the timely and efficient delivery of health law information for professionals at the office or on the go. The CPLH website features full search term capabilities using keywords, specific citations and court cases as well as the ability to save searches and easily email and download CPLH content.
Price includes access to www.CPLH.org for 5 individual users. Additional users can be added for $50.00 each (subscriptions for additional users will expire based on the underlying subscription). Call (800) 882-1262 for assistance.
CPLH 2014 FEATURES
CPLH 2014, California’s premier health law publication, includes updates and new sections on Covered California, Fraud and Abuse, new HIPAA regulations, Pharmacists, and the CURES Prescription Drug Monitoring Database.
Chapters include (not limited to):
- Allied Health Professionals (new sections on Pharmacists)
- Business Prohibitions/ Disclosures (includes sections of Corporate Practice of Medicine Bar)
- Drug Prescribing/ Dispensing (includes sections on Drug Compounding and e-Prescribing)
- eMedicine (includes sections on Meaningful Use, Use of Mobile Devices and Cloud Computing)
- Emergency Transfer
- Expert Witness Issues
- End-of-Life Issues (includes sections on Advance Directives and POLST)
- Fraud and Abuse (includes analysis of anti-referral prohibitions and Medicare RACs)
- Managed Care (4 chapters of information including ACA updates)
- Medical Board (includes chapters on MBC Licensing and Reporting)
- Medical Practice: Physician Practice Models (includes sections on ACOs, Foundations, Concierge Practice, and Direct Primary Care Models)
- Medical Practice: Workforce Issues
- Medical Records (4 chapters on HIPAA, Management, Access and Special Confidentiality Requirements)
- Medical Staffs
- Medicare and Medi-Cal (includes updates and changes under ACA)
- OSHA/Office Safety
- Outpatient Facilities
- Physician-Patient Relationship (includes sections of establishment and termination of physician-patient relationship)
- Peer Review
- Professional Liability
- Reimbursement (updates to reflect changes under ACA and state laws)
- Reporting Requirements
- Reproductive Issues
- Warning Obligations
- Workers’ Compensation (updated to reflect changes under SB 863)
CPLH 2014 is produced through the support of CMA members, and the generous support of our partners: Medical Insurance Exchange of California, NORCAL Mutual Insurance Company, The Doctor’s Company and the Cooperative of American Physicians.