An invaluable resource unlike any other, the California Physician’s Legal Handbook (CPLH) is the premier California health law publication with8 volumes of comprehensive legal information, including current laws, regulations and court decisions related to the practice of medicine. It is updated yearly by California Medical Association (CMA) attorneys to include the most recent changes in health law. CPLH not only provides legal information to help physicians, medical office managers, risk management groups and legal practitioners understand and comply with the law, it also helps shape the law by approaching issues from a physician's perspective.
This product includes the eight-volume print version PLUS an online subscription to www.CPLH.org, a website devoted to the timely and efficient delivery of health law information for professionals at the office or on the go. The CPLH website features full search term capabilities using keywords, specific citations and court cases as well as the ability to save searches and easily email and download CPLH content.
Price includes access to www.CPLH.org for 5 individual users. Additional users can be added for $50.00 each (subscriptions for additional users will expire based on the underlying subscription). Call (800) 882-1262 for assistance.
Please note that this is the 2015 Print Edition which will be delivered asap.
CPLH 2015 FEATURES
CPLH 2015, California’s premier health law publication, includes updates and new sections on several areas of California health law, such as accountable care organizations, electronic communication with patients, hydrocodone rescheduling, and other physician licensing and practice issues.
Chapters include (not limited to):
- ADA/Discrimination (now has expanded information about equal access to healthcare services)
- Adverse Events
- Allied Health Professionals
- Business Prohibitions/ Disclosures (includes sections of Corporate Practice of Medicine Bar)
- Drug Prescribing / Dispensing (contains details about the reclassification of hydrocodone and new DEA rules on controlled substances disposal)
- eMedicine (includes a new document about on patient portals, email, and online advice)
- Emergency Transfer
- Expert Witness Issues
- End-of-Life Issues (with updated sections on Advance Directives and POLST)
- Fraud and Abuse (includes analysis of anti-referral prohibitions and Medicare RACs)
- Managed Care (new expanded document regarding ACA coverage requirements)
- Medical Board
- Medical Practice: Physician Practice Models (includes expanded sections on ACOs, Foundations, Concierge Practice, and Direct Primary Care Models)
- Medical Practice: Workforce Issues
- Medical Records (4 chapters on HIPAA, Management, Access and Special Confidentiality Requirements)
- Medical Staffs
- Medicare and Medi-Cal (includes updates and changes under ACA)
- OSHA/Office Safety
- Outpatient Facilities
- Physician-Patient Relationship (includes sections of establishment and termination of physician-patient relationship)
- Peer Review
- Professional Liability
- Reimbursement (updates to reflect changes under ACA and state laws)
- Reporting Requirements
- Warning Obligations
- Workers’ Compensation
CPLH 2015 is produced through the support of CMA members, and the generous support of our partners: Medical Insurance Exchange of California, NORCAL Mutual Insurance Company, The Doctor’s Company and the Cooperative of American Physicians.