An invaluable resource unlike any other, the California Physician’s Legal Handbook (CPLH) is the premier California health law publication with more than 4,500 pages of comprehensive legal information, including current laws, regulations and court decisions related to the practice of medicine. It is updated yearly by California Medical Association (CMA) attorneys to include the most recent changes in health law. CPLH not only provides legal information to help physicians, medical office managers, risk management groups and legal practitioners understand and comply with the law, it also helps shape the law by approaching issues from a physician's perspective.
This product includes the seven-volume print version PLUS an online subscription to the new www.CPLH.org, a website devoted to the timely and efficient delivery of health law information for professionals at the office or on the go. The new CPLH website features full search term capabilities using keywords, specific citations and court cases as well as the ability to save searches and easily email and download CPLH content.
Price includes access to www.CPLH.org for 5 individual users. Additional users can be added for $50 each (call 800/882-1262) for assistance.
CPLH 2013 FEATURES
CPLH 2013 includes updates and new sections reflecting the most recent changes in health care law and timely topics in health care, including the health benefits exchange, the direct primary care model, medical staff alignment models, EHR meaningful use stage 2 and e-prescribing.
Chapters include (not limited to):
- Allied Health Professionals
- Business Prohibitions/Disclosures (includes sections on Corporate Practice of Medicine Bar)
- Drug Prescribing/Dispensing (new sections on Drug Compounding, e-Prescribing)
- eMedicine (new sections on Federal Incentive Program and Use of Mobile Devices)
- Emergency Transfer
- Expert Witness Issues
- End-of-Life Issues (includes sections on Advance Directives and POLST)
- Fraud and Abuse (includes analysis of anti-referral prohibitions and Medicare RACs)
- Managed Care (4 chapters of information including ACA updates)
- Medical Board (includes chapters on MBC Licensing and Reporting)
- Medical Practice: Physician Practice Models (includes sections on ACOs, Foundations, Concierge Practice and Direct Primary Care Models)
- Medical Practice: Workforce Issues
- Medical Records (4 chapters on HIPAA, Management, Access and Special Confidentiality Requirements)
- Medical Staffs
- Medicare and Medi-Cal (includes updates and changes under ACA)
- OSHA/Office Safety
- Outpatient Facilities
- Peer Review
- Professional Liability
- Reimbursement (updates to reflect changes under ACA and state laws)
- Reporting Requirements
- Reproductive Issues
- Warning Obligations
- Workers’ Compensation (updates to reflect changes under SB 863)
CPLH 2013 is produced through the support of CMA members, and the generous support of our partners: Medical Insurance Exchange of California, NORCAL Mutual Insurance Company, The Doctor’s Company and the Cooperative of American Physicians.