Don’t know where to start? Start by learning the basics using resources and tools from the California Medical Association (CMA), the American Medical Association (AMA) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- MACRA: What Should I Do Now to Prepare? A checklist for physician practices
- CMA’s formal comments to CMS on proposed rule
- CMA MACRA news
- CMA webinars
- 1/25/17: Medicare Changes: 2017 and Beyond
- MACRA: The Final Rule and How to Get Ready (Recorded 12/7/16)
- MACRA Implementation: A Review of CMS Final Rule (Recorded 11/30/16)
- MACRA: What Is CMA Doing to Improve It? What Steps Can You Take to Prepare Now? (Recorded 6/22/16)
- MACRA and the Quality Payment Program: An Update on the Recent Proposed Rule (Recorded 6/15/16)
- MACRA Implementation: A Review of the CMS Proposed Rule (Recorded 4/6/16)
- CMA Federal Update: Federal Changes Impacting Physicians (Recorded 1/20/16)
- CMS Priorities: Health System Transformation and the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (Recorded 1/27/16)
- Understanding Medicare Payment Reform (MACRA)
- AMA STEPS Forward Practice Transformation Series learning module – includes several STEPS to prepare your practice for value-based health care, answers to common questions, and case vignettes describing how physicians can create value-based practices.
- MACRA Checklist: Steps You Can Take Now to Prepare
- Podcast: Inside Medicare's New Payment System
- A Guide to Physician-Focused Alternative Payment Models (Free AMA login required)
- Payment Model Evaluator
- Making sense of MACRA: A glossary of new Medicare terms
- MACRA Final Rule Executive Summary
- MACRA Quality Payment Program Fact Sheet
- CMS Quality Payment Program Website (includes full rule)
- CMS Quality Payment Program: Delivery System Reform, Medicare Payment Reform, & MACRA
- CMS Quality Payment Program MACRA Measure Selection Tool
- CMS Fact Sheet
- CMS webinars, slide decks, timeline, and more
- CMS Flexibilities and Support for Small Practices
Help from your specialty society
The Texas Medical Association has has identified direct links to MACRA news, resource centers, education and advocacy from national specialty societies. Click here for information specific to your specialty, setting and practice.
Click here to sign up to receive CMS MACRA email updates.
You can also sign up to receive Medicare news directly from CMA through content update alerts. By doing so, you will be notified anytime a new story about MACRA is posted to our website.
Just activate your web account (if you haven't already done so) and sign up for custom content alerts on the topics that are of interest to you. You will then be notified any time there is new content posted in one of your interest areas.
- Click on "My Account"
- In the left sidebar, click on "My Alerts"
- Under New Content Alerts, click “Alert Settings”
- Type “Medicare” in the search box and hit enter
You can adjust the frequency and format that you receive alerts via the account dashboard. Click here to learn more.
CMA members have FREE access to CMA’s reimbursement helpine for assistance with MACRA or other reimbursement issues. Call (888) 401-5911 or email email@example.com.