California Medical Association
CMA Member Help Center
Effective March 1, 2013, Disability Insurance Claims can only be filed electronically using SDI Online, or on the new Claim for Disability Insurance Benefits, DE 2501 Rev. 78 (4-12) form, which is designed with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) functionality. The OCR form works with the SDI Online system and contains additional information that differs from the previous version.
In the fall of 2012 the Employment Development Department (EDD) implemented SDI Online, a new automated system that provides the easiest and fastest way to file Disability Insurance and Paid Family Leave claims and forms. Medical providers are strongly encouraged to begin filing claims using the automated system well in advance of the March 1, 2013, deadline.
The purpose of the webinar is to provide an overview and to answer any questions you may have about SDI Online. The webinar will demonstrate how to do the following:
- Create an SDI Online Physician/Practitioner account
- Modify treatment addresses
- Add an Authorized Representative designated to assist in completing the Physician/Practitioner Certificate
- Complete the Physician/Practitioner Certificate with a 2501B form
- Extend benefits with a 2525XX Form
- Provide supplementary medical information with a 2547A Form
By using SDI Online, you can benefit from improved service delivery, electronic confirmation of forms received, and access to claim status on a 24/7 basis.
This webinar is free for all attendees.
Webinar Notice: Please register at least one hour before the webinar. If you do not register an hour before the webinar start time, we cannot guarantee your attendance. Questions: 800-786-4CMA (4262)